HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
- If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of a deputy or about any aspect of court service operations, please:
- Come to the office and tell any employee that you want to make a complaint; or
- Call the office and tell the person answering the phone that you want to make a complaint; or
- Write your complaint and mail it to the Sheriff.
- A supervisory deputy will assist you in filling out a complaint form. This form asks you to identify yourself and then to give specific details about your complaint.
- Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint.
- If it is going to take a long time to investigate your complaint, you will receive a letter telling you approximately when you may expect a reply.
- When your complaint has been investigated, the Sheriff will review the investigation and will write you a letter explaining what has been found out about the matter.