Courts - Circuit Court located on second floor of the Municipal Building. Call the Circuit Court Clerk at 276-403-5106. The General District Court is located on first floor near the front entrance. Phone the clerk at 276-403-5125. Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court is located on lower level. Phone 276-403-5168.

Fishing, hunting licenses/concealed carry permits - Circuit Court Clerk's office, 276-403-5106.

Abandoned automobiles - Inoperative vehicles on private property are the responsibility of the property owner and are in violation of the property maintenance ordinance. To report inoperative vehicles parked on the street as well as those observed on private property, contact Inspections at 403-5205 Andy Powers.

Burning Laws - Click here or contact the Fire Department at 276-403-5325 for information on items allowed and approved burning hours.

Electric power outages (city electric customers only) - During regular business hours, call the Electric Department at 276-403-5183. For after hours outages, call the emergency line at 276-403-5138. 

City Council meetings - Council meetings are on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm and are open to all citizens. Meetings take place in Council Chambers, second floor, 55 W. Church St., Martinsville. Neighborhood Council meetings are held quarterly at locations to be announced. For more information, contact the City Manager's office 276-403-5182.

Code Enforcement - Property maintenance issues are reported to Inspections and handled by Inspections, 276-403-5205. To report property maintenance violations or junk cars online, e-mail in Inspections 

Dead Animals - For removal of dead animals on city streets, call Public Works at 276-403-5154 or the City Shop at 276-403-5350.

Birth certificates - Virginia Department of Health, Vital Records. 

Utility hookup - Contract with Utility Billing for new service, budget payments, direct debit payments, name & address changes on account, service termination, utilities fraud, or complaints on electric or water service. Call 276-403-5146 or come to the Municipal Building, Room 103.

Victim Witness Office - Lower level, Municipal Building. Call 276-403-5467. 

Emergency Notification System sign up to receive CodeRED notifications for many events including locating missing children, apprehending wanted criminals, issuing timely weather alerts and evacuation notifications.

Dilapidated buildings - Report violations to Inspections (276-403-5205 Andy Powers) for enforcement of  property maintenance code.

Overgrown & Unkempt Property - Property within the city must be kept mowed and clear of trash and junk. Overgrown or dilapidated properties should be reported to the Inspections office (403-5205 Andy Powers) which enforces the property maintenance code.

Trash collection, bulk pick-ups - Weekly bulk trash pick up is provided on a call-in basis. Citizens must call bulk trash pickup line, 276-403-5419, to schedule a bulk pick-up before 12 noon the day prior to their regular collection day. Contact Public Works office 276-403-5154 for information on items allowed for bulk pickup and normal trash collection.

Water pressure/sewer - For problems or information, contact the Water Resources office at 276-403-5157.

Debris on vacant properties - Report violations to  Inspections Department (403-5205 Andy Powers) which enforces property maintenance code.

Miss Utility - Call Before You Dig - 800-552-7001.

Voter Registration - The General Registrar's office is located in Room 122, 276-403-5122.

Criminal history reports/Accident reports - Pay $5 fee in Treasurer's office, then go to Police Department to pick up report.

Decals - Vehicle and moped decals may be purchased in the Treasurer's office, 276-403-5240.

Dog tags - Treasurer's office 276-403-5240.

Landfill - The city no longer operates a landfill, but contracts with First Piedmont Corporation to operate a transfer station. Call 276-638-3792.

Marriage Licenses - Circuit Court Clerk's office, 276-403-5106.

Park rentals - Call Parks and Recreation at 276-403-5140. Office is located in the Municipal Building, Room 201, second floor.

Traffic signals - Report malfunctioning traffic signals to Public Works Department, 276-403-5154.

Traffic tickets - Pay pre-payable traffic tickets online or in the General District Clerk's office, Room 132, first floor, Municipal Building. Call 276-403-5125.