Building alterations, inspections, permits- Information is available in Room 217, Inspections Office, 276-403-5173

Business Licenses - Commissioner of Revenue's Office, Room 101, 276-403-5133.

Code Enforcement - Property maintenance issues are reported to Inspections Department, Andy Powers, 276-403-5205. To report property maintenance violations or junk cars online, e-mail Andy Powers at

Debris on vacant properties - Report violations to Andy Powers, 276-403-5205. Inspections enforces property maintenance code.

Dilapidated buildings - Report violations to Andy Powers, 276-403-5205, Inspections enforces property maintenance code.

Dusk to dawn lights/street light problems - Contact the Electric Department at 276-403-5183.

Electric power outages (city electric customers only) - During regular business hours, call the Electric Department at 276-403-5183. For after hours outages, call the emergency line at 276-403-5138.Power outages -

Inspections office - Issues building permits and zoning permits. Enforces the property maintenance code. 276-403-5173.

Sign Permits - Businesses are required to meet zoning regulations concerning signs. For more information, contact the Zoning office, 276-403-5169 or 276-403-5380.

Trash collection, bulk pick-ups - Weekly bulk trash pick up is provided on a call-in basis. Citizens must call bulk trash pickup line, 276-403-5419, to schedule a bulk pick-up before 12 noon the day prior to their regular collection day. Contact Public Works office 276-403-5154 for information on items allowed for bulk pickup and normal trash collection.

Zoning/Re-zoning - For information, visit Room 217, Municipal Building, or call 276-403-5169

Abandoned automobiles - Inoperative vehicles on private property are the responsibility of the property owner and are in violation of the property maintenance ordinance. To report inoperative vehicles parked on the street as well as those observed on private property, contact Andy Powers, Inspections, 276-403-5205.

Landfill - The city no longer operates a landfill, but contracts with First Piedmont Corporation to operate a transfer station. Call 276-638-3792.

Overgrown & Unkempt Property - Property within the city must be kept mowed and clear of trash and junk. Overgrown or dilapidated properties should be reported to Andy Powers, 276-403-5205.  Inspections office enforces the property maintenance code.

Recreation programs - Managed by the Parks and Recreation Department. Located in the Municipal Building, Room 201, second floor.  Their phone number is 276-403-5140.