MARTINSVILLE SHERIFF'S OFFICE
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To enhance the safety of the community.
- To earn the respect and support of the citizens of the City of Martinsville by serving them with honesty, integrity, pride and professionalism.
- To promote and maintain an innovative and efficient organization.
- To maintain a qualified, diverse, and professional workforce that is our most valuable resource in accomplishing our mission.
- The Professional Standards Officer will perform an annual review of objectives. This will be done along with the goal review.
- Command personnel will also provide input to the objective review.
- Objectives will be listed directly under their respective goal.
- Maintain a secure detention facility that is safe for staff and inmates.
- Maintain secure court facilities.
- Proficiently execute civil and criminal papers.
- Maintain a professional and diverse organization that attracts and retains highly qualified and dedicated employees.
- Educate and inform citizens regarding Sheriff's Office operations.
- Provide community relations programs that are beneficial to the community.
- Streamline operations by automating systems and processes whenever possible.
- Improve operations through continual re-evaluation and improvement of existing processes.
- Provide competitive compensation, benefit and career development programs for employees.
- Provide new hire, in-service and specialized training through a state certified criminal justice training academy.