55 West Church Street, Office 122
8:30-11 a.m., Noon-5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
P.O. Box 1323
Martinsville, VA 24114
E-mail the registrar
Electoral Board Members
Chairman - Kathy C. Lawson
Vice-Chairman - Artis M. Law
Secretary - Rachel R. Beneke
Department of Elections: http://elections.virginia.gov
Information on Candidate Qualifications & Requirements: sbe.virginia.gov/index.php/candidatepac-info/
Voter Registration Drives - Certification - *New* 7/1/2013: sbe.virginia.gov/index.php/registration/voter-registration-guidelines/
- Completed Voter Registration Applications through Registration Drives required to be submitted to Voter Registration Office within 10 days.
Confirm your current voter registration information is correct: www.vote.virginia.gov
Restoration of Rights - Secretary of Commonwealth:
Electoral Board Meeting: March 18th, 8:15 AM, Municipal Building Conf. Rm 32
Primary Election - June 9, 2015 - Click Here
General Election - November 3, 2015
- Member, Senate of Virginia - 20th District
- Member, House of Delegates - 16th District
*Virginia Law requires Photo ID when voting in person. Need a Free Photo ID for voting purposes, contact Voter Registration Office, 276-403-5122.
ALL polling places are accessible to the handicapped
Voter registration deadline to vote in November 3, 2015 General Election: October 13, 2015, 5:00 pm (Download Interactive Virginia Voter Registration Application in the next section below.)
Voter Information/Voter ID Required:
Virginia Voter Registration Application -
Virginia Absentee Ballot Application Form-
- Accepting now for ballots issued by mail; ballot is available (45 days prior to General Election, Sec. 24.2-612)
Click here: UOCAVA 100 Day Notice
Mark-Sense Ballot Instructions:
- Clearly mark your choices in the ovals using the black pens provided in the poll stations.
- Fully and completely mark the oval.
- Follow instructions at the polling station for submitting your vote.
- To write in a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, write the name on the line provided and completely fill in the oval next to that line.
Note: Write-in Votes not permitted in Primary Elections: Virginia Election Law 24.2-529
Work At The Polls "Details"
* If interested, contact 276-403-5122