General Registrar/Director of Elections
55 West Church Street, Office 122
8:30-11 a.m., Noon-5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
P.O. Box 1323
Martinsville, VA 24114
E-mail the registrar
Electoral Board Members
Chairman - Kathy C. Lawson
Vice-Chairman - Artis M. Law
Secretary - Rachel R. Beneke
Department of Elections: http://elections.virginia.gov
Information on Candidate Qualifications & Requirements: http://elections.virginia.gov/index.php/candidatepac-info/
Voter Registration Drives - Required Certification:
- Completed Voter Registration Applications through Registration Drives required to be submitted to Voter Registration Office within 10 days
Confirm your current voter registration information is correct, or update if needed: www.vote.virginia.gov
Restoration of Rights - Secretary of Commonwealth:
- 1-855-575-9177 or 804-692-0104
Electoral Board Meeting: Wednesday, 10/5/2016, 8:15 AM, Municipal Building, Council Chambers - Approved EB Minutes 7/20/16
General Election - November 8, 2016
Proposed Constitutional Amendments: http://elections.virginia.gov/election-law/proposed-constitutional-amendment-2016/index.html
Voter Registration Deadline: October 17th, 5:00 pm
Saturday In-Person Absentee Voting: Oct. 29th & Nov. 5th, 9 AM - 5 PM
Deadline to Submit Absentee Ballot Application for Ballot by Mail: Tuesday, Nov. 1st, 5:00 PM
- Accepting Absentee Ballot Applications now for ballots issued by mail (see below section for Absentee Ballot Application Form).
Canvass: Wednesday, Nov. 9th, 9:15 AM, Circuit Court Clerk's Office, RM 205
ALL polling places are accessible to the handicapped: http://elections.virginia.gov/registration/voters-with-special-needs/index.html
*Virginia Law requires Photo ID when voting in person. Need a Free Photo ID for voting purposes, contact Voter Registration Office, 276-403-5122.
Info - Valid Photo ID: http://elections.virginia.gov/index.php/registration/photo-ids-required-to-vote/
Virginia Voter Registration Application -
On Line Registration: https://vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation
Virginia Absentee Ballot Application Form-
- Accepting Absentee Ballot Applications now for ballots issued by mail; ballot is available (45 days prior to General Election, Sec. 24.2-612)
To apply on-line:
UOCAVA 100 Day Notice: http://elections.virginia.gov/index.php/registration/military-overseas/
Mark-Sense Ballot Instructions:
- Clearly mark your choices in the ovals using the black pens provided in the poll stations.
- Fully and completely mark the oval.
- Follow instructions at the polling station for submitting your vote.
- To write in a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, write the name on the line provided and completely fill in the oval next to that line.
Note: Write-in Votes not permitted in Primary Elections: Virginia Election Law 24.2-529
Work At The Polls "Details"
* If interested, contact 276-403-5122