General Registrar/Director of Elections
55 West Church Street, Office 122
8:30-11 a.m., Noon-5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
P.O. Box 1323
Martinsville, VA 24114
Electoral Board Members
- Raymond J. Carr
- Artis M. Law
- Rachel R. Beneke
- Virginia Recognized as National Leader in Election Administration
- Electoral College Convenes in Virginia
Voter Registration Drives - Required Certification
- Completed Voter Registration Applications through Registration Drives required to be submitted to Voter Registration Office within 10 days
Confirm your current voter registration information is correct, or update if needed
- Check status on Restoration of Rights - Secretary of Commonwealth
- 1-855-575-9177 or 804-692-0104
Order Calling for Democratic & Republican Parties Primary - June 13, 2017
Deadlines Relating to June 13th Primaries
Monday, May 22nd, 5 PM - Register/Update Voter Registration for the June 13th Primary Election.
Saturday, June 10th, 9AM-5PM - Last day for In-Person Absentee Voting, Voter Registration Office, Rm. 122
Tuesday, June 13th, 6AM-7PM - Election Day for Primaries at designated polling places for registered City of Martinsville voters.
Wednesday, June 14th, 9:15 AM - Canvass, Circuit Court Clerk's Office, Rm. 205
General & Special Election - November 7, 2017
Deadlines Relating to November 7th General & Special Election:
Accepting Absentee Ballot Applications now for November 7, 2017 ballots issued by mail (see below section for Absentee Ballot Application Form)
Monday, October 16th, 5 PM - Register/Update Voter Registration for the November 7th Election.
Saturday, October 28th, 9AM-5PM - In-person Absentee Voting, Municipal Building, Rm. 122
Tuesday, October 31st, 5 PM - Submit Absentee Ballot Application to Voter Registration Office to request Absentee Ballot by mail.
Saturday, November 4th, 9AM-5PM - Last day for In-Person Absentee Voting, Municipal Building, Rm. 122
*Virginia Law requires Photo ID when voting in person. Need a Free Photo ID for voting purposes, contact Voter Registration Office, 276-403-5122.
Virginia voter registration application
Virginia Absentee ballot application form
Accepting Absentee Ballot Applications now for ballots issued by mail; ballot is available (45 days prior to General Election, Sec. 24.2-612)
Mark-Sense Ballot Instructions:
- Clearly mark your choices in the ovals using the black pens provided in the poll stations.
- Fully and completely mark the oval.
- Follow instructions at the polling station for submitting your vote.
- To write in a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, write the name on the line provided and completely fill in the oval next to that line.
Note: Write-in Votes not permitted in Primary Elections: Virginia Election Law 24.2-529
Work at the polls
*If interested, contact 276-403-5122