Martinsville Public Works relies on the expertise and resources available in the city's Engineering and Mapping department to provide precise plans and maps for the city's infrastructure development.
The Engineering staff:
- Provides plan review, surveying, design plans, and construction stakeout for City projects
- Maintains the City's inventory of maps, surveys, deeds/easements related to City property/projects
- Maintains Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Maintains/updates the tax maps and City street maps
- Provides mapping/graphics support and services for other City departments
Erosion & Sediment Control Permits
Erosion and Sediment Control permits are also issued through the engineering department, and staff is responsible for permitting and inspecting all construction sites greater than 10,000 square feet.