Community Development: Provide an Attractive, Safe, Active & Creative Community with a Great Quality of Life
- Key Outcomes: Work with citizen groups to determine the needs and functions of community-centered facilities.
- Success Indicator: Community Needs identified.
- Support Goal: Work with citizen groups to determine design, programming, functionality, and fiscal authority.
- Performance Measures: Citizen participation; Identify neighborhood needs and develop plans for implementation.
- Lead Responsibility: Council
- Priority: Immediate
Explanation of Data
Community Development has been working with residents, stakeholders, organizations, and partners on the Local Foods, Local Places Action Plan and is continuing to work to establish a food hub, which is a community-centered facility in the Beaver Street Lot and Paradise area in Martinsville. This is in early stages.