Community Development: Provide an Attractive, Safe, Active & Creative Community with a Great Quality of Life
- Key Outcomes: An environmentally responsible community.
- Success Indicator: Program focusing on a Green society.
- Supporting Goal: Establish a Green initiative.
- Performance Measure: Reduced landfill wastes and reduced energy dependence.
- Lead Responsibility: Public Works
- Priority: Mid-Range
The City is currently capturing methane from the closed Martinsville landfill to fuel a methane-burning generator. The City electric utility is using the electricity to offset power cost. (Chris Morris - June 14, 2016)