View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
- A description of the concerns voiced from the community:
- There were no concerns expressed to our office during this past year.
- A description of potential problems that have a bearing on law enforcement activities within the community:
- Since the Martinsville Police Department is the primary law enforcement entity within Martinsville, any potential problems concerning criminal activity shall be passed on to the Martinsville Police Department. This is especially true when it concerns potential informants, vice-drug complaints and contraband in the jail.
- Our responsibility is in the security of the courthouse and the surrounding municipal building and parking areas.
- Retention of Sheriff’s Office employees continues to be a goal that should continue to be an important objective. I believe that consistent turnover of employees constitutes a security risk that in turn has a bearing on how we can best perform our mission.
- No recommendations for concerns.
- Future Goals and Objectives:
- The City Annex (farm) was closed in the early part of 2022 due to short staffing within the Sheriff's Office. The number of new hires is up this year so far and the Sheriff's Office is planning to reopen the City Annex in early 2023. Planning and research is still an ongoing concern with the growing number of costs associated with inmate overcrowding in our jail facility.
- Department Statistics:
- Subpoenas received: 2,510
- Jury Summons received: 1,029
- Levies received: 236
- Other Civil Process: 11,642
- Inmate Transports Other Than to Local Courts: 536
- Mental Patient Trips Within Jurisdiction: 15
- Mental Patient Trips out of Jurisdiction: 13
- Extraditions Completed: 13
- Circuit Court
- Circuit Court Days: 173
- Average Number of Circuit Court Judges: 1
- General District Court
- General District Court Days: 139
- Average Number of General District Court Judges: 1
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court days: 112
- Average number Juvenile and Domestic Court Judges: 1
- Agency Activities:
- The Martinsville Sheriff's Office does not have any new activities in play so far this year. Some renovations and maintenance repairs are ongoing at our City Annex (farm) facility in preparation for hoping to reopen in early 2023.