EPA Community-Wide Brownfields Redevelopment Program
By evaluating abandoned, underutilized and deteriorating industrial and commercial sites, the City hopes to spur economic development and revitalization throughout the community.
What are Brownfields?
1. What has been accomplished so far?
- Being Updated with 2021 Information.
2. What sites are included in the Program so far and what is their status?
- Former Gas Station / Future Salvation Army Family Store & Pathways of Hope Facility
617 South Memorial Boulevard
Phase I ESA & Concept Plan Complete; Phase II ESA Underway
- Former Gas Station / Car Wash, 700 North Memorial Boulevard
Phase I & II ESAs Complete
- Former Thomas Trucking Auto Yard, 732 West Fayette Street
Phase I & II ESAs and Redevelopment Planning Complete
- Former Paradise Inn, 802 West Fayette Street
Phase I ESA and Redevelopment Planning Complete, Phase II ESA Pending
- Former VM Draper Property, 100 South Jackson Street
Phase I & II ESAs Complete; Redevelopment Planning Ongoing
- Former American Furniture Plant #2, 201 & 209 Aaron Street
Phase I ESA Complete, Materials Testing Ongoing; Phase II ESA Pending
- Former American Furniture Plant #5, 200 Aaron Street
Phase I ESA Ongoing
3. Candidate Sites, 2021:
- To Be Deteremind
4. How can I get my property enrolled in the Program for an assessment?
Contact the City of Martinsville Department of Community Development to see if your property is a good candidate for this Program or other redevelopment incentives available in the City.
For additional information regarding the Martinsville Brownfields Redevelopment Program, please contact:
Mark McCaskill, Community Development Director
City Administration Building, Room 217
55 W. Church Street / PO Box 1112
Martinsville, VA 24112
Phone: (276) 403-5169