The Planning Commission was created to strategize and prepare the City of Martinsville for changes to come. Members are appointed by City Council to serve four-year terms. The Commission makes recommendations to City Council for the Zoning Ordinance amendments, updates to the City's Comprehensive Plan, special land use permits, rezoning and street/alley abandonments.
Planning Commission Members
- Joseph Martin, Chair
- Riggs Roberson, Vice-Chair
- Mack Evans
- Jacovia Hairston
- DeShanta Hairston
- Jonathan Martin
- Lisa Watkins
There are not currently any vacancies on the Martinsville Planning Commission. However, there are vacancies on other City of Martinsville boards, committees and commissions. Please download the form or apply online at the City's Volunteer page.
- 4:00 p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday, every month
- Council Chambers, 55 West Church Street, Martinsville VA 24112
- Planning Commission 2022 Meeting Schedule
- Planning Commission Meeting Agenda_January 19, 2022