General Registrar/Director of Elections
55 West Church Street, Office 122
8:30-11 a.m., Noon-5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
P.O. Box 1323
Martinsville, VA 24114
Electoral Board Members
- Dwayne W. Waller
- Gerasimo “Zeke” Zanatos
- Artis M. Law
Electoral Board Meeting
March 22, 2021, 10:00 AM, RM 32
Approved: EB Minutes June 24, 2020
Draft: EB Minutes January 25, 2021
- Virginia Election Laws §24.2 Deadline for filing by 7:00 PM on the second Tuesday in June before that November election.§24.2-503(iv);§24.2-506 A.6; §24.2-507.3
- Candidates required to contact office to schedule an appointment for submitting Candidacy forms between now and June 9, 2020 (second Tuesday in June). Phone: 276-403-5122 or email: email@example.com
Voter Registration Drives - Required Certification
- Completed Voter Registration Applications through Registration Drives required to be submitted to Voter Registration Office within 10 days
Confirm your current voter registration information is correct, or update if needed
- Check status on Restoration of Rights - Secretary of Commonwealth
- 1-855-575-9177 or 804-692-0104
Risk Limiting Audit:
February 25, 2021, 10:30 AM
Municipal Building, Rm 205
Public Notice: TBD
NOVEMBER 2, 2021 GENERAL & SPECIAL ELECTION
DEADLINES RELATING TO NOVEMBER 2ND GENERAL & SPECIAL ELECTION
COVID-19 Safe Practices:
Office of Elections & Voter Registration: Social Distancing & Mask Required
Election Day at the Polls – Social Distancing & Mask Recommended for those voting inside polling area. Curbside Voting Available.
Upcoming Dates – November 2, 2021 General Election - TBD
Sample Ballot TBD
ACCEPTING ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS NOW FOR NOVEMBER 2, 2021 ELECTION
BALLOTS ISSUED BY MAIL (SEE BELOW SECTION FOR ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION FORM)
Virginia voter registration application
Accepting Absentee Ballot Applications now for ballots issued by mail; ballot is available (45 days prior to General Election, Sec. 24.2-612)
Mark-Sense Ballot Instructions:
- Clearly mark your choices in the ovals using the black pens provided in the poll stations.
- Fully and completely mark the oval.
- Follow instructions at the polling station for submitting your vote.
- To write in a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, write the name on the line provided and completely fill in the oval next to that line.
Note: Write-in Votes not permitted in Primary Elections: Virginia Election Law 24.2-529
Work at the polls
*If interested, contact 276-403-5122