General Registrar/Director of Elections
55 West Church Street, Office 122
8:30-11 a.m., Noon-5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
P.O. Box 1323
Martinsville, VA 24114
Electoral Board Members
- Dwayne W. Waller
- Gerasimo “Zeke” Zanatos
- Artis M. Law
Electoral Board Meeting
January 15, 2020, 1:45pm, Room 32
Draft: EB Minutes Jan. 15, 2020
Voter Registration Drives - Required Certification
- Completed Voter Registration Applications through Registration Drives required to be submitted to Voter Registration Office within 10 days
Confirm your current voter registration information is correct, or update if needed
- Check status on Restoration of Rights - Secretary of Commonwealth
- 1-855-575-9177 or 804-692-0104
DEADLINES RELATING TO MARCH 3rd Democratic Presidential Primary:
ACCEPTING ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS NOW FOR March 3, 2020
BALLOTS ISSUED BY MAIL (SEE BELOW SECTION FOR ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION FORM)
June 9, 2020 - Tentative Primary (TBD)
November 3, 2020 - General & Special Election
*Virginia Law requires Photo ID when voting in person. Need a Free Photo ID for voting purposes, contact Voter Registration Office, 276-403-5122.
Virginia voter registration application
Virginia Absentee ballot application form
Accepting Absentee Ballot Applications now for ballots issued by mail; ballot is available (45 days prior to General Election, Sec. 24.2-612)
Mark-Sense Ballot Instructions:
- Clearly mark your choices in the ovals using the black pens provided in the poll stations.
- Fully and completely mark the oval.
- Follow instructions at the polling station for submitting your vote.
- To write in a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, write the name on the line provided and completely fill in the oval next to that line.
Note: Write-in Votes not permitted in Primary Elections: Virginia Election Law 24.2-529
Work at the polls
*If interested, contact 276-403-5122