General Registrar/Director of Elections
55 West Church Street, Office 122
8:30-11 a.m., Noon-5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
P.O. Box 1323
Martinsville, VA 24114
Electoral Board Members
- Dwayne W. Waller
- Gerasimo “Zeke” Zanatos
- Artis M. Law
Electoral Board Meeting
September 1, 2020, 10:00 AM, Council Chambers
Draft: EB Minutes June 24, 2020
- Virginia Election Laws §24.2 Deadline for filing by 7:00 PM on the second Tuesday in June before that November election.§24.2-503(iv);§24.2-506 A.6; §24.2-507.3
- Candidates required to contact office to schedule an appointment for submitting Candidacy forms between now and June 9, 2020 (second Tuesday in June). Phone: 276-403-5122 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Voter Registration Drives - Required Certification
- Completed Voter Registration Applications through Registration Drives required to be submitted to Voter Registration Office within 10 days
Confirm your current voter registration information is correct, or update if needed
- Check status on Restoration of Rights - Secretary of Commonwealth
- 1-855-575-9177 or 804-692-0104
Public Notice: In-Person & Ballot Drop-off Location
NOVEMBER 3, 2020 GENERAL & SPECIAL ELECTION
- Official Voting Information
DEADLINES RELATING TO NOVEMBER 3RD GENERAL & SPECIAL ELECTION
COVID-19 Safe Practices:
Office of Elections & Voter Registration: Social Distancing & Mask Required
Election Day at the Polls – Social Distancing & Mask Recommended for those voting inside polling area. Curbside Voting Available.
ACCEPTING ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS NOW FOR NOVEMBER 3, 2020 ELECTION
BALLOTS ISSUED BY MAIL (SEE BELOW SECTION FOR ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION FORM)
November 3, 2020 - General & Special Election
* Virginia Law requires Photo ID when voting in person. Need a Free Photo ID for voting purposes, contact Voter Registration Office, 276-403-5122.
Virginia voter registration application
Accepting Absentee Ballot Applications now for ballots issued by mail; ballot is available (45 days prior to General Election, Sec. 24.2-612)
Mark-Sense Ballot Instructions:
- Clearly mark your choices in the ovals using the black pens provided in the poll stations.
- Fully and completely mark the oval.
- Follow instructions at the polling station for submitting your vote.
- To write in a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, write the name on the line provided and completely fill in the oval next to that line.
Note: Write-in Votes not permitted in Primary Elections: Virginia Election Law 24.2-529
Work at the polls
*If interested, contact 276-403-5122