Hiring an Off Duty Management Officer
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, The Martinsville VA Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers effective October 18, 2021.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK, or call the toll-free number below.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the vendor:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the vendor, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 vendor service
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling and invoicing
- Officer payroll
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment
- The sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages for consumption on-premises or off-premises.
- Bail bond agencies.
- Investigative work for insurance companies.
- Investigative work for attorneys.
- Investigative or other employment with collection agencies
- Private guard or investigation businesses, unless being employed off-duty in police-related employment in conformance with this policy.
New rates are effective September 1, 2022:
|Regular Rate||$44.46 per hour|
|Traffic Rate||$44.46 per hour|
|Supervisor Rate - When 4 or more officers are requested a supervisor request is required||$46.80 per hour|
|Holiday Rate- Will apply for the following days:||$46.80 per hour|
|Emergency Rate - Apply when a request is received less than 24 hours prior to the start of the shift.||$46.80 per hour|
|Vehicle Rate||$5.85 per hour|
There is a 3-hour minimum per request.
Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 48 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of officer hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment.
You can request service by visiting the OfficerTRAK website or by calling Off-Duty Management, 24/7, toll-free, at 877-636-8300.