Martinsville operates thirteen parks in a variety of settings. From serene natural beauty with a lake, streams, walking trails, and tree cover to competitive ball diamonds and courts, Martinsville's parks offer activities for every level of physical fitness.
View a complete list of City Parks.
For rental information for family reunions, birthday parties and other events, call Public Works at 276-403-5154. If you are renting a park shelter for a special event, you must fill out a Special Event Application (PDF) and submit it to Community Development for approval.
Fees / Guidelines for City Parks
- $30 for half day - Half day is divided into 2 frames.
- First time is 8 am to 2 pm
- Second time frame is 2 pm to 8 pm
- $50 for a Full day day
- Time of reservation is 8 am to 8 pm
- Each reservation requires an additional $15 key deposit that is refunded by mail after the key to the park is turned back in by the renter
- Key deposit is not eligible for a refund if anything has been damaged or left messy during the rental
- Electric boxes, water spigots, and bathroom that were locked upon arrival have to locked back up before you depart your reservation
- Park rentals must be paid 10 days in advance