Rates & Taxes
- Real Estate: $1.03975 per $100 assessed value
- Personal Property and Business Equipment: $2.30 per $100 assessed value
- Machinery and Tools: $1.85 per $100 assessed value
- Electric Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Schedule of Electric Rates (PDF) - Please contact the Electric Department for more details.
- Water and Sewer Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Schedule of Water and Sewer Rates (PDF)
Please contact the Water Department for more details.
- Residential Service: $18.50 per month
- Business (twice/week): $37 per month
- 8 yard Dumpster (scheduled collection): $26 per occurrence
- 8 yard Dumpster (on-demand collection): $31 per occurrence
Please contact the Public Works Department for more details.
Business licenses are based on gross receipts at various rates and thresholds. Please contact the Commissioner of the Revenue for more details.
Meals Tax Rate
7% on the amount paid for meals purchased from any food establishment, whether prepared in such food establishment or not, and whether consumed on the premises or not. Please contact the Commissioner of the Revenue for more details.
Animal License Tags
- Female, 1-year tag - $10
- Male, 1-year tag - $10
- Unsexed 1-year tag - $3
- Vicious 1-year tag - $50
- Duplicate 1-year tag - $1
Animal license tags can be purchased in-person or by mail at the Treasurer's office, located at:
55 W Church Street
Martinsville, VA 24114
Please send correspondence to:
P. O. Box 1023
Martinsville VA 24114
Vehicle License Fee
The annual license fee for vehicles are as follows:
- Automobiles: $29
- Trucks of Not More Than 15,000 Pounds Gross Weight: $29
- Trucks of More Than 15,000 Pounds Gross Weight: $29 for the first fifteen thousand 15,000 pounds, and $1.45 per 1,000 pounds gross weight in excess of 15,000 pounds, rounded to the nearest thousand.
- Motorcycles: $7.25